1. This Code binds all Registered Dealers in their business and stock representations on antiqueforsale.co.uk
2. The Registered Dealer will only offer his own stock for sale.
2.1 By placing an item for sale through antiqueforsale.co.uk the Registered Dealer confirms ownership and the right to sell.
2.2 Registered Antique Centres may represent their Registered Clients Stock but may not duplicate entries.
3. All goods for sale shall have the full VAT-inclusive price indicated.
DESCRIPTIONS AND ATTRIBUTIONS
4. The Registered Dealer shall communicate as much clear and accurate information as is reasonably practicable about the article in question, and this shall normally include:
The approximate date or period (e.g. Regency, Art Deco) of manufacture or, if hallmarked/date-marked, the actual year.
The material in which the article is predominantly made (e.g. walnut, bronze, oil on canvas)
The maker or artist's name, if known, together with any provenance if known.
Any major restoration or later additions where applicable.
4.1 For the purposes of search, both within antiqueforsale.co.uk and externally within major search engines, it is essential that items placed for sale are correctly categorized and Registered Dealers commit to accurately selecting the correct fields at time of item upload.
4.2 Registered Dealers will promptly mark as sold items which are no longer available for sale and will not duplicate items.
5. Registered Dealers agree to submit only images ‘fit for purpose’. For the benefit of Visitors to antiqueforsale.co.uk, and for the Registered Dealers own brand image, the following must be adhered to:
Images must be unblurred and correctly exposed.
Main image must be a full shot of the item for sale.
Images may not contain watermarks, wording, descriptions, advertising or other distractions.
Images must be without borders, headers, footers or other additional styling.
5.1 Registered Dealers agree to the concept of peer review for all content and understand that maintaining a quality of the stock represented within antiqueforsale.co.uk is for the benefit of all subscribers.
6. Registered Dealers agree to adhere with current legislation to guard against false or misleading trade descriptions of goods or services, misleading price indications and other legislation aimed against the sale of stolen goods, fraud or money-laundering, and distance selling legislation. Members must comply with the British Code of Advertising and Sales Promotion and any other Codes of similar standing.
7. Registered Dealers have no authority to act on behalf of Antiqueforsale or speak for it unless specifically authorised by the Directors, nor does membership of Antiqueforsale imply any guarantee of authenticity.
ATTENTION IS EXPRESSLY DRAWN TO THE FACT THAT NOTHING IN THE ABOVE CONDITIONS SHALL AFFECT THE LEGAL RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS OF ANY PARTY TO A DISPUTE